Thunderful Group Interim Report January–March 2022
A weak first quarter ends with positive signals.
First quarter January–March 2022
- Revenue increased 7.3% to 609.6 MSEK (568.3).
- Adjusted EBITA fell –49.9% to 27.3 MSEK (54.5), corresponding to an adjusted EBITA margin of 4.5% (9.6).
- Adjusted EBITDA decreased –30.3% to 43.7 MSEK (62.7), corresponding to an adjusted EBITDA margin of 7.2% (11.0).
- Operating profit (EBIT) declined –85.3% to 5.2 MSEK (35.4), corresponding to an operating margin of 0.9% (6.2).
- Profit for the quarter amounted to 1.1 MSEK (13.2).
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to 0.01 SEK (0.19).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to 202.7 MSEK (65.9).
- Consolidated cash and cash equivalents together with unutilised credit facilities amounted to 410.3 MSEK (642.3).
- Bergsala AB extended the distribution agreement with Nintendo of Europe Gmbh.
- Thunderful Group has entered into a confirmed credit facility of 55 MEUR with Danske Bank.
Events after the end of the quarter
Thunderful Group has paid the earn-out to the seller of Headup Gmbh through the directed issue of 75,995 new shares in Thunderful Group AB, corresponding to 277,777.78 EUR.
This information is of a nature that Thunderful Group AB is obligated to publish under the EU’s Market Abuse Regulation. It was submitted for publication through the agency of the contact persons set out below at 7:30 a.m. CEST on 18 May 2022.
For more information, please contact:
Brjánn Sigurgeirsson, CEO, Thunderful Group
Phone: +46 708 16 16 32
Anders Maiqvist, CFO, Thunderful Group
Phone: +46 739 37 24 36
About Thunderful Group
Thunderful Group is a group of companies that develops, publishes and invests in games, while also distributing Nintendo products, games, game accessories and toys. The headquarters is located in Gothenburg, Sweden, with additional offices in Aarhus, Cologne, Copenhagen, Helsingborg, Helsinki, Hohenwestedt, Hong Kong, Karlshamn, Kungsbacka, Larvik, Madrid, Malmö, Newcastle, Skövde, Stockholm and Sunderland. The Group's overall goal is to provide high-quality entertainment products for people of all ages. Thunderful Group is listed on Nasdaq First North Premier. FNCA Sweden AB is appointed Certified Adviser, email@example.com, +46(0)8- 528 00 399.