Thunderful Group Interim Report January–June 2022
A strong second quarter in Thunderful Games
Second quarter April–June 2022
- Revenue increased 11.1% to 618.7 MSEK (556.8).
- Adjusted EBITA declined 25.0% to 31.5 MSEK (42.0), corresponding to an adjusted EBITA margin of 5.1% (7.5).
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 28.3% to 69.3 MSEK (54.6), corresponding to an adjusted EBITDA margin of 11.2% (9.8).
- Operating profit (EBIT) declined 62.1% to 9.4 MSEK (24.9), corresponding to an operating margin of 1.5% (4.5).
- Loss for the quarter amounted to –21.8 MSEK (20.4).
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to –0.31 SEK (0.29).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to –40.1 MSEK (–63.4).
- Consolidated cash and cash equivalents together with unutilised credit facilities amounted to 335.2 MSEK (493.1).
- Thunderful Group has paid the earn-out to the seller of Headup Gmbh through the directed issue of 75,995 new shares in Thunderful Group AB, corresponding to 277,777.78 EUR
Period January–June 2022
- Revenue increased 9.2% to 1,228.3 MSEK (1,125.1).
- Adjusted EBITA declined 39.1% to 58.8 MSEK (96.5), corresponding to an adjusted EBITA margin of 4.8% (8.6).
- Adjusted EBITDA declined 3.7% to 113.0 MSEK (117.3), corresponding to an adjusted EBITDA margin of 9.2% (10.4).
- Operating profit (EBIT) declined 75.7% to 14.6 MSEK (60.3), corresponding to an operating margin of 1.2% (5.4).
- Loss for the period amounted to –20.7 MSEK (33.6).
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to –0.29 SEK (0.48).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to 162.6 MSEK (2.5).
Events after the end of the quarter
Brjann Sigurgeirsson steps down from his position as CEO. The board of directors has appointed Anders Maiqvist as interim CEO and will now initiate the search for a new CEO. Anders Maiqvist is the company’s former CFO.
Thunderful Group invites to a telephone conference/audiocast on August 10, 2022, 10.30 CET in which the interim report for Q2 2022 is presented and thereafter there is an opportunity to ask questions. Questions can be posed verbally via the telephone conference, or in writing via the audiocast. A recorded version of the presentation will also be available on Thunderful Group's website. The presentation will be held in English. The interim report is published at 07.30 CET August 10, 2022.
Attending from Thunderful Group:
Anders Maiqvist, incoming CEO
Lennart Sparud, CFO
The teleconference will be available at:
SE: + 46850558359
UK: + 443333009269
US: + 16467224956
This information is of a nature that Thunderful Group AB is obligated to publish under the EU’s Market Abuse Regulation. It was submitted for publication through the agency of the contact persons set out below at 7:30 a.m. CEST on 10 August 2022.
For more information, please contact:
Anders Maiqvist, incoming CEO, Thunderful Group
Tel: +46 739 37 24 36
Lennart Sparud, CFO, Thunderful Group
Tel: +46 705 58 66 04
About Thunderful Group
Thunderful Group is a group of companies that develops, publishes and invests in games, while also distributing Nintendo products, games, game accessories and toys. The headquarters is located in Gothenburg, Sweden, with additional offices in Aarhus, Cologne, Copenhagen, Helsingborg, Helsinki, Hohenwestedt, Hong Kong, Karlshamn, Kungsbacka, Larvik, Madrid, Malmö, Newcastle, Skövde, Stockholm and Sunderland. The Group's overall goal is to provide high-quality entertainment products for people of all ages. Thunderful Group is listed on Nasdaq First North Premier. FNCA Sweden AB is appointed Certified Adviser, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46(0)8-528 00 399.